||“The High Drama of
- Great leaders crystalize principles into sayings,
which saves them having to relearn the same thing over again.
- We are God’s plan for showing people that He is good. To do this
is beyond us. We can lead people to this by choosing not to
be safe, by needing God, and seeking excellence and joy.
||“Finding Your True
North: The Spirituality of True Leaders”
- Leading is about following who you are. If you follow something else (money, power, fame, etc.) you
will lack character
Interview with Wendy Kopp
||“Stand Up and Lead”
strongly that the vision of bringing poor children the opportunity to
learn well is possible that she motivates people to do it with her.
John Burke and Efrem Smith
|“Leading in New
- The world doesn’t do Grace. The world does
Law. But it so often doesn’t see grace from Christian
job of spiritual leaders is to create the soil for God to grow the
life. Just like manure, which prepares physical soil, this
process is messy.
||“IT: How Leaders Can Get IT and Keep IT”
- God gives it, rarely does one person bring it, not a
ministry model, causes lives to be changed, attracts critics
- Laser focused (more ministries is not better), see
opportunity where others see obstactles, willingness to fail
- In order to reach people no one else is reaching, you
need to do things that no one else is doing
- It’s about building God’s kingdom and seeing Him
- We, the American Church, have exchanged Truth for
- Culture is nothing but religion incarnate
Interview with Catherine Rohr
Taking, Barrier Breaking, Bold Leadership”
four weeks with prisoners who are proven entrepreneurs but who are sick
of their criminal lives, teaches them business, teaches them how to
interact in a deep and healthy way.
- Spends a lot of effort to
maintain relationships with the Texas Dept. of Correctional Justice. Thanks them a lot, which has helped the relationship a lot.
Interview with Brad Anderson
||“An Uncompromising Focus on People”
- A lot of people go into leadership to be about me. Leadership is about servant leadership—training people. These leaders get their joy out of seeing people grow rather
- God is going to pick people with carte blanche
yieldedness. Are you showing up on God’s radar?
- Always say yes to God. People who say no do
not have happy stories.
- Need to wait as long as it takes.
- “Even though I don’t feel God’s love, I will love Him
like He has never been loved.”